These books are all waiting in Evie's room until she gets a little older (although we read them to her occasionally - more for our sake than hers). Even if you don't purchase books, I would recommend finding all these at your local library. When you do purchase a book for a little one, write them a little note and the date in the front cover.
- The Jolly Postman ... my favorite from my childhood, there are actual letters folded up inside for each fairy tale character the postman visits. The book my brothers and I remember.
- Favorite Parables from the Bible: Stories Jesus Told ... another favorite from my childhood, the illustrations are memorable and the gospel comes through in these short stories. A must own.
- Read Aloud Bible Stories: Volume 1 ... huge illustrations to match huge stories about God.
- King Bidgood's in the Bathtub ... spend 5 minutes looking at all the details drawn on every page.
- The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? ... because one Pigeon book is not enough.
- Silly Doggy! ... funny and adorable, for littles who love doggies.
- My Dad Is Big And Strong, BUT...: A Bedtime Story ... the perfect book for dads to read at bedtime. Zach found this one for Evie's six month birthday at our neighborhood children's bookstore. He reads it with this big, deep voice for the dad.
Need more? I highly recommend Paper Gains, A Guide to Gifting Children Great Books, a fantastic and free resource for discovering excellent books, which kids of all ages will enjoy.